Thursday, 23 January 2014

Water Paper Paint - part 3




So here are some of the effects I was working on last week with textures. They were made by laying materials on top of wet paint and letting it dry - again another exercise in patience which made me go and read my book and slow down instead of literally sitting and watching paint dry...I really like the textures produced here and think I will be able to use effects like these when I start to explore landscapes. Painting this way in watercolour is completely unpredictable and I think that's what I like so much about it. The way I worked before was very predictable, I knew the pens and the paper and knew, pretty much before I started, how a piece would end up. I think I need to experiment with lots of different combinations of washes and under colours to see what kind of visual delights I can conjure up!!

Join me tomorrow to find out what I've been up to today...

1 comment:

  1. Hey meh, I've been following your blog for almost 6 months now without leaving any comment so I decided to quickly say hi today.
    Regards, Daniel from http://danieluyi.com

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...