Thursday, 16 January 2014

Back in the groove





I seem to have found my blogging voice again and feel like I have things to say again. I can't say how long this will last, but I'm making the most of it for now and over the next few weeks I hope you enjoy the posts I've been writing. The restful Christmas period seems to have worked its magic. It has helped me to focus on the important things and get some clarity.

As for all things creative, I'm simplifying my creative life, getting rid of emotional clutter I don't need, I'm forgetting the rules I have previously lived by (trying to do things properly and as perfectly as possible) and just getting on with making some art for myself. I made a start on this recently by looking through my box file of collected images from magazines, catalogues, packaging, business cards and promotional material and I have jazzed up my creative space in the studio. Until I did this I didn't realise how neutral it has been colour wise before, so as you can see from the image above, there has been a big change, as I'm now surrounded by striking colour. I'm hoping that this will infuse into my work.

1 comment:

  1. Your inspiration wall looks wonderful Sue. I look forward to seeing what you do x

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...